ENCORE! Rehabilitation is currently seeking a Full-Time Physical Therapist for a beautiful Skilled Nursing Facility located in the Wooster, OH area. We are looking for a Therapist with an outgoing personality and great communication skills. We offer an outstanding compensation package including competitive salary and top rated benefits.
**$2,000 Sign-On Bonus Eligible**
Provides and directs physical therapy services to residents, including assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation, related documentation, and communication. Functions under physician’s orders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides physical therapy services to residents and initiates referrals when appropriate and in accordance with Physical Therapy Department procedures.
- Conducts screenings of residents at regular intervals to determine need for intervention/treatment.
- Evaluates residents to obtain data necessary for treatment planning and implementation. Conducts specialized evaluations as indicated.
- Interprets and communicates evaluation findings to residents, family and other team members.
- Establishes individual resident schedules in conjunction with other team members.
- Develops treatment plans by identifying a problem list, including short and long-term goals and methods to achieve identified goals.
- Coordinates treatment plan with resident, family and other team members.
- Implements and conducts treatment as outlined in treatment plan.
- Monitors resident’s response to intervention and modifies treatment as indicated to attain goals in accordance with physician orders.
- Develops appropriate home or community programming to maintain and enhance the performance of the resident in their own environment.
- Documents results of resident’s assessment, treatment, follow-up and termination of services.
- Adapts treatment to meet the individual needs of the resident.
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices or other equipment. Trains residents, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of orthotics and prosthetics.
- Participates in discharge planning.
- Supervises and directs LPTA’s in the implementation of the treatment plan.
- Supervises students and volunteers.
- Supervises Physical Therapy Aides and Rehabilitation Aides.
- Reviews the quality and appropriateness of the total services delivered and of individual physical therapy programs for effectiveness and efficiency, using predetermined criteria.
- Participates in resident, family and staff education.
- Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the resident.
- Adheres to Physical Therapy Department procedures regarding documentation of physical therapy services.
- Attends in-service meetings and facility meetings as required.
- Provides in-service education to members of the resident’s care team and education to the community.
- Assumes responsibility for ongoing continuing education and professional development.
- Records billable treatment times according to Physical Therapy Department procedures and submits weekly/monthly statistics to regional office.
- Provides treatment in accordance with established standards of practice, department procedures and productivity standards.
- Maintains safe and clean work area and adheres to facility/company safety standards.
- Complies with all infection control, Universal Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up or resident therapy programs.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with coworkers, residents, family members and facility personnel.
- Reports to work on time and adheres to schedule maintaining acceptable patient ratios and work efficiency during assigned shift.
- Assists with and participates in quality assurance program as required.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards.
- Projects a positive and professional image at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
RECOMMENDED MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy from an accredited program.
- Successful completion of National Certification Examination for RPT.
- Current state licensure or license eligible.
- Regular attendance.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS and WORK ENVIRONMENT
Physical requirements for this position are classified as medium under the Department of Labor classification. The employee must be capable of exerting 20-50 pounds of force occasionally (less than 1/3 of the time), and/or 10-20 pounds of force frequently (1/2 of the time), and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly (2/3 of the time) to move objects, equipment and/or residents. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, stoop, kneel, bend or crouch; use hands to manipulate tools, equipment or controls; reach with hands and arms, balance, lift and perform medium to maximum transfer assists with residents. The employee is required to have visual and hearing acuity sufficient enough to assess resident safety and ability. The employee works mostly inside, in resident rooms or clinic. This position is classified as a Category 1 for the purpose of exposure determination under the OSHA Regulations regarding the Standard on Occupational Exposure to Blood borne Pathogens (29CFR 1910.1030). Category 1 is defined as all procedures or job-related tasks that involve an inherent risk for mucous membrane or skin contact with blood, body fluids or tissues, or a potential for spills and/or splashes of blood or body fluids. The use of protective equipment and measures is required for every employee engaged in Category 1 tasks.
These essential functions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the basic functions of a physical therapist. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.